Events in my Life that have amused or touched my soul...

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Subway...in My Besant Nagar....!!

So...chennai is going the "SUB" way.......
Now, will the Subway...beat the "popular" hang outs like "shakes and creams",planetyumm,cozzee(me talking abt bessie area hang outs..)??
Got to wait and watch....
The prices of the SUB are sky rocketing.....might hit hard on the chennai pockets..
and people will definitely think twice before spending 94 rupees for a mere 6 inch veggie sub!!
The menu here is tailored for the desi taste...with the "paneer tikka" sub..."kali mirch"..."veggie kabab" sub...now thats impressive...with three bread varieties...
I went for the paneer tikka sub...and it was yummy and filling...though toasted a bit too hard...had a tough time digging into the sub...
Maybe its the desi culinary mentality..to roast anything (be it roti,pappad,chicken)till it turns "almost black"...!(note:my roomie would say that iam biased...coz she has seen me only "burning" food...in our kitchen...!!)...
Anywayz...coming to the point...i see youngsters flocking to the "SUBWAY"...and making it the next fav "HANG OUT"...
The good point is ....the "SUB" is a healthy food...but how long its gonna survive??..Well,maybe until the "Bennigans" arrives.....
On a finishing note,be it in the US or in chennai, i would anytime prefer a plate of hot dosa...served with my fav onion chutney..!! mmmmm...and i neednt go anwhere outside to have them....my mom's the best in making them!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Anand Subramanian said...

true...heard about subway from my friend. But i feel sorry for you...your children would blog "I like sub better than my mom's dosas" (unless you learn how to make good dosas, which i guess will never happen :-p).

9:03 AM

 
Blogger k said...

Hmmm welcome to the blog world. No wonder you are vetti and more vetti in chennai aaa. Hmmm anyway i feel sorry for the desi version sub way

11:45 AM

 
Blogger Anand said...

hmmmm...agree with you on the sub...but how can u forget your sibling's classic channa curry and chapati!

1:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subway is another reason for the foodies to BULGE MORE. promoting the "JUNK-LIFESTYLE".....BTW did u come across any black birds baked in the "SUB-PIE"? uma

11:23 PM

 
Blogger A.Jay said...

I agree subway is healthy way of eating in US
but caman when i was in chennai
the guy who served never had the heart for more stuffing
Finally i ended up eating the bun .
Am not a whiner but hvin the same food wat we have in US ...
thats not the reason i pay so much $$ to travel to india :D.
I opt for murugan idly shop
and aambur biriyainiii
YUM YUM

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home